When you’re ready to make major renovations to your house interior, you might be torn between where to start work. With a limited budget, you may need to choose between remodeling one of the bathrooms or remodeling the kitchen. These are the most common room remodeling projects. Is one better than another? It depends on your situation—but we can put out a list of a few of the benefits of both to help you consider the question.
Benefits of a Kitchen Remodel
A kitchen vital to the general household as an area for eating, food preparation, social gatherings, etc. This makes it one of the first places people think of when debating remodeling.
- More space: A kitchen that’s too small not only is a more cramped place to work, it’s more cut off from the house. Remodeling can add space by either expanding outward (such as with a bump-out) or redesigning to create a more open area.
- More effective: A clumsy kitchen design can make the space hard to use, especially if you like to entertain or do large cooking projects. A remodel can rethink the use of the space to create a new space that matches your needs.
- Update the look: If you’re interested in giving your house a fresh appearance with the most stylish design concepts, the kitchen is a room where you can exercise your creativity. New cabinets, flooring, counters, open shelving … you can realize the kitchen you’ve always wanted.
Benefits of a Bathroom Remodel
Remodeling a bathroom sounds like the much less exciting option. But bathroom remodels are a hugely popular option, and here are some reasons why:
- Water savings: The bathroom uses more freshwater than any other spot in the home. Putting in low-flow fixtures such as showerheads and toilets can have a huge positive impact on your water bills—you’ll start saving on water and energy (from the water tank) immediately. A remodel with an eye toward energy and water savings will have an even bigger impact. It will benefit the environment as well.
- Innovative upgrades: An old bathroom with standard fixtures can be transformed with upgrades to a jacuzzi tub or additions like towel warmers. You have many luxury items available to enhance the space as part of a remodel.
- Better storage: A cluttered bathroom isn’t always a sign of a cluttered life. It’s often a sign the bathroom doesn’t have enough storage or it has storage that’s hard to access. Remodeling can change and add storage to make for a cleaner and easier to use bathroom that’s styling as well.
Benefits of Both
There are a few benefits that come with both bathroom and kitchen remodeling:
- Ease of access: If there are people in your house with mobility issues, a remodeling for either the bathroom room or kitchen can make changes to increase access for them.
- Increase home value: Almost any remodeling work—or at least work that’s done by experienced professionals—will increase the market value of the house. Bathroom and kitchens renovations have some of the highest returns on investment when it comes to remodeling.
To find the right contractor for your bathroom or kitchen remodel in Beverly Hills, CA, simply schedule an appointment with us.
Arrange for an estimate from Advanced Builders & Contractors. Serving the Los Angeles are for over 14 years.