We were first thinking of titling this post “6 Quick and Dirty Tips for Home Remodeling.” But we take pride in making sure any remodeling we do for homes, from a simple kitchen remodel to putting in new rooms, is done cleanly—and only as quickly as still allows us to time to do the best job. So consider these 6 tips about home remodeling in Los Angeles, CA as “Timely and Clean” tips!
Advanced Builders & Contractors Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Room Additions’
When you approach any large project that requires a significant investment in time and money, it’s always “worth it” to ask “is it worth it?” This question is especially important in matters of your home. There are pros and cons when it comes to the choice to expand your house with an add-on room, and you may drive yourself a bit loopy when you start dwelling on them.
We’re an experienced general contractor with history in the area, and we’ve worked on projects as small and minor bathroom remodels to as big as hillside house construction. If you’re on the fence about a room addition, arrange with us for an estimate. We can help you make the right choice, one you’ll feel good about. Even better, we’ll see you get the results you want.
So you’re considering adding a bathroom to the home. In the earliest stages, this seems like an exciting plan. But with just a little more time, the prospect of a bathroom addition can become quite daunting. If you’re at this point, we understand, but we want to reassure you of this: with the right contractors working to organize and execute your room renovation or addition, it’s a whole lot easier.
Still, there are some things you need to know when you’re going into the process of a bathroom addition. Don’t finalize any plans for your new bathroom until you read our advice or call our team!
Maybe you’re expecting a child, or maybe you’ve always wanted a home office. You’ve got good reason to add a room onto your home, and as a bonus, it can help to increase the property value. However, if you don’t think about placement, you might end up with more problems, and a room that isn’t up to your standards.
Renovating a bathroom can add a lot of value onto your home, and extending the amount of space in your bathroom offers you more room to do so. But there are a few things to think about if you are still on the fence about whether to build a bump-out extension. In this guide, we offer some advice to those who choose to add on to their bathrooms and for those only looking to add the appearance of space.
When you are remodeling one or more rooms in your home, there is an important question you must ask yourself. Am I doing this just for me and my family, or do I hope to add value to my home for a potential resale? If you know that you plan to sell your home sometime in the next ten years, you may want to focus on which projects will add on the most value while improving your daily life.
Choosing to add a bathroom onto the home can make morning and nighttime routines more convenient for large families or allow you to entertain guests with ease. A new bathroom may have all of the features you have always wanted, so it’s important to work with a contractor to make this room just the way you want it. You have a lot of options when it comes to a bathroom addition, but one of the first choices you’ll have to make is the size of the room. Will you choose a half bath, a ¾ bath, or a full bath?
Adding a room to a house is a great way not only to create a more spacious home, but also allows you to add a personal touch onto a house that you did not design or build yourself. You can make a customized space that meets your individual needs and meshes with your lifestyle.
A room addition is a large project: not on the scale a new home construction, but nonetheless one that takes considerable planning. To assist with this planning and to make it less stressful, bring in a contractor for your room addition who can work on all stages of the project, from early designs concepts to the last touches hooking the space to the electrical system. Advanced Builders & Contractors has 26 years of experience with room additions in Los Angeles, CA, and we can bring together all the factors involved in the job so you end up with the new space of your dreams.
Take into account these 3 factors for your room addition
- Market value: Once you know the type of room you wish to build, research your area to find out about the market value of homes that have had similar additions. This will help you establish you budget, since it’s wise to keep your costs for the addition in line with how much the addition will increase the home’s value. As with many steps of a home addition, you should take a long view approach.
- Size and scale: There are more budget steps to consider (consult with your contractor for most of them), and part of the budgeting rests on how large the new room is and its scale relative to the rest of your home. Many first-timers with room additions opt to go bigger than they should, both for their actual needs and for the good of the rest of the home: they could end up with a drafty space and a design that doesn’t fit with the existing home. You need a skilled designer to help you match the size and look of your new addition to your home.
- Timetable: Rome wasn’t built in a day, and your new room won’t be either. Establish with your contractor how long each stage of construction will take, and which ones will require you to take extra steps for the comfort of your family to minimize the disruptions. You can work with the contractor to design a calendar that will fit with your other plans.
Advanced Builders & Contractors combines architecture and construction in one company so you can have all the necessary assistance from the beginning of your journey toward an expansion for your house. We’ll help you weave everything together so the work will progress smoothly, the designs look beautiful, and the room complete on schedule. Call us today to talk about room additions in Los Angeles, CA.
A new room addition onto a home provides an excellent alternative for expanding your living space without needing to buy or construct a new home. If your family is growing, older children need their own space, relatives move in, or you need to add on a workspace for your business, a room addition can offer the ideal solution.
Although a smaller project than building a new home, a room addition is still a major project that requires careful consideration. The work will go easier with the right contractor assisting you. Among the many Los Angeles remodeling contractors available, we think you’ll find that Advanced Builders & Contractors offers advantages that will help you get the room addition you want.
Here are three tips we have for you at the start of deciding on a room addition:
- Have the new room visualized: If you go to a building contractor with only a vague idea of what you want done for your new addition, the job will be more difficult and you may not end up with what you really wanted. Make sure you have a solid idea; but even better, go to a contractor who offers 3D visualization services that will help you come up with a workable design so you will know you will get exactly what you want.
- Plan your budget: Most homeowners will have a limited budget available to allot for a room addition. You should have a solid sense of how much you can spend on this project, so it’s a good idea to look over your finances and judge the return you can expect from the addition. (This is particularly important if the new room is a workspace.) Consult with your contractor about the different services available to help devise a budget that will allow for the construction project you want that won’t place too much stress on your finances.
- Look to have many tasks centralized with one company: A room addition is a large undertaking, and it will need many more services than basic construction. The addition will involve architects, craftsmen, and engineers. There are companies to offer each of these services, but this can turn into a major hassle as you must deal with individual contractors and worry about whether they are capable of unifying their work. Look for a contractor who can bring as many of the services in-house as possible to simplify the process.
If you go with Advanced Builders & Contractors for your room addition, you will have most of the important services under one roof. With our design/build system, the architect and the builder work together closely to realize your project, and they will work closely with you as well. When you are searching among Los Angeles, CA building contractors, pick Advanced Builders & Contractors.
You’re interested in adding a room onto your current home. The family might be expanding, an older relative moving in, the older children want their own space, you’re starting a work-from-home project, or you simply wish to change your house without needing to purchase a new one. Whatever the reason, you’ve decided that a room addition will enhance your life. Making this decision is a big step, but the hard work is just beginning.