We encourage our customers to focus on the big picture during a bathroom remodel. But some of the smallest details are just as important for both comfort and aesthetics. After you get a good idea of how you want your bathroom designed, consider these small details that can have a powerful effect.
- Curved Shower Rod – This is a small feature that can make a huge difference. If you’re going with a traditional bathroom design with a tub and shower curtain, we recommend that you install a curved shower rod to give you extra room to stand and move in the shower.
- Shower Niche – A shower niche (a cutout in the wall of the shower) gives you more space to store your soap, shampoo, and other products. You can even go one step beyond with stacked niches in the shower that form separate storage cubbies.
- Lighting – The lighting design in your bathroom can make a big impact on your daily routine. Sconces on either side of the mirror at eye level reduce the amount of shadows that hit your face, so you won’t feel ten years older as you shave, apply makeup, etc. A simple light above a shower is such an advantage to your daily routine, and a dimmer switch is a great way to set the tone.
- Tiles – For an added touch of décor in your bathroom, consider putting some color into your bathroom tiles. Just a pop of color can add style and a theme to your bathroom, o consider adding accent tiles into your shower or sink design.
- Handles – The smallest details can make a big impact. You may decide to choose elegant handles for drawers and cupboards, but it’s a good idea if these match the faucet as well.
Call the friendly contractors at Advanced Builders & Contractors for remodeling advice and to make an appointment to meet with one of our professionals in the Los Angeles, CA area.