The word conservatory carries an air of sophistication. We often think of a conservatory as a type of music school. But a conservatory is also a kind of room in a home, one that originally developed in the 19th century as a way to bring in additional light to a part of the house and offer a space to more effectively grow plants indoors. The conservatory is still a popular option for a room addition that can take a standard home and give it the feeling a luxury mansion.
Advanced Builders & Contractors Blog: Archive for the ‘Home Improvement’ Category
You’re looking for more space in your house, and you’ve started to think that perhaps a garage conversion is the best way to go. This isn’t your only option, but if you don’t use your garage often for parking cars, transforming it into part of the living space is attractive. After all, a large part of the work of a room addition is already done: walls, ceiling, foundation, and in most cases it’s already attached to the house.
However, before you go grab a bunch of tools and see what you can do with the space, we recommend you take some time to think about just what you want to do with the garage. We also recommend you work with a skilled contractor who has done more than one room addition in LA county—preferably several hundred of them! Below are some things to consider as you get ready to change the garage into part of the living space.
If you like to cook then you have likely experienced a moment of trying to make your culinary masterpiece only to not have enough light above you to determine if the Blanquette sauce you created is the white it needs to be or is it more of a dull grey?
Your planned kitchen remodeling project or bathroom renovations are too big to do on your own, so you know you’ll have to look around for contractors who really know their stuff. But it’s not enough for someone to tell you they can do the work for a low price. You want to make sure you find the right contractors—a quality licensed team to ensure the work goes smoothly. Below, learn why you should always do your research rather than choosing someone who offers the lowest price.
Maybe you’ve recently remodeled a room, or maybe you’ve got a room that you’ve never found the time to put into decorating. But just a few small changes can make a huge difference in the look and feel of a room. Check out our tips on how some simple touches can add character to a space, and call our team for more expert remodeling advice.
Whether you’re remodeling your kitchen or doing a second story addition, home improvements can increase the value of your property and help make your house a home. One of our favorite projects was for a family in Los Angeles who wanted to build onto their 800 square foot home. With four kids at home, they needed addition bedrooms and an updated kitchen for their family to grow into. By adding an additional 2,200 square feet of living space, this family expanded their home to include a luxurious master suite with a private bathroom and jacuzzi tub, 3 bedrooms on the second floor, and fully renovated the original kitchen, bathroom and exterior of the house. Click here to find out more about this project and view our complete gallery of before and after photos.
Our team offers design, architectural planning and building services to help make your remodeling dreams a reality. We can help you plan for all stages of the project from design and construction plans to applying for permits and more. With over 25 years in the industry, our remodeling contractors will ensure that your home improvements are done safely, correctly, and beautifully so you can leave the work to the professionals and enjoy your home’s new features. Not sure where to start? Give us a call at 888-930-1030 or schedule an estimate online today!
Renovating or building a house can be a challenging yet exciting process, but if you don’t hire the right contractor to do the work on your home, renovating your home can quickly become a nightmare. As such, it is very worth your while to take the time to consider some of the following factors when choosing a general contractor to work on your Los Angeles home.
- Proper licensing – one of the first and foremost items to check when considering hiring any kind of tradesperson to work on your home is whether or not the company or person is properly licensed by the state. Using an unlicensed contractor can put both you and your home at considerable risk.
- Is insured and bonded – when someone works anywhere on your home and isn’t insured and bonded, you will carry the liability for any injuries to his/her person and any damaged caused. It is not worthwhile for any homeowner to take this kind of risk.
- Past work experience – having a portfolio, a list of recent projects and references for past work is very important when hiring a contractor. This allows you to see the kind of work the contractor has done the scope of work he/she is capable of.
- Any specialties – many contractors specialize in certain kinds of construction, whether it be historical restoration, certain kinds of architecture such as post and beam, or a certain look or style.
- Do they handle the kind of work you need? – if you have a good idea of the kind of work you want done with your home, it is very important to make sure that any contractors you are considering actually do the work you need.
- Professional certifications – many contractors have certifications, such as being a certified remodeler; if you don’t see any certifications highlighted on marketing material, don’t be afraid to ask.
- Professional affiliations – it is always an endorsement for the contractor if the company is affiliated with professional entities like the Better Business Bureau and the Building Industry Association.
The professionals at Advanced Builders & Contractors bring over 20 years of construction work to every job, so if you are considering renovation or construction to your home in Los Angeles, call us today!
When you are looking to hire a general contractor in Los Angeles, CA, you’ll find yourself faced with many choices. Probably too many: the number of contractors available for your remodel, room addition, or new construction can appear overwhelming.
However, you can narrow the field with a short checklist of the qualities that great contractors share. In this post we’ll provide you with a list of criteria you should apply to any potential contractor before hiring one. We think that you’ll find Advanced Builders & Contractors will shoot right to the top of your list, and you’ll call us to take care of your project with professionalism and skill.
Look for these qualities in a contractor:
- Years in the business – You don’t want to have inexperienced builders and designers working on your room addition, kitchen remodeling, roofing, or other important construction job. Look for a contractor with more than a decade of work in the industry. This not only shows you a more experienced company, but one that has earned the trust of clients.
- Architects and builders in one company – It’s common today that building contractors only handle the construction of a project, while a separate company does the architectural design. But this can lead to miscommunication, misunderstandings, and delays. Eliminate the need to deal with two separate companies that may end up working at loggerheads and hire a contractor who has both architects and builders in-house.
- Professional certification – Anybody can offer to do your remodeling or new construction, but to be a professional building contractor in California, you must be have a Professional Remodeler certification through the Contractors State License Board, which licenses and regulates the construction industry in the state. You can go online with the CSLB to check on a specific contractor’s license.
- Offers free estimates – A contractor with confidence will provide a free consultation to come up with a rough estimate for how much the construction will cost. This way you can decide if the company fits your needs and if your project can be done within your set budget.
Why you should hire Advanced Builders & Contractors
At Advanced Builders & Contractors, we have a system called design/build that brings together architect and builder so they work together from the beginning of your project, making for speedier work that remains within your budget. We use only the most experienced designers and builders, and have been in the business for 26 years. We are a Professional Certified Remodeler with the CSLB. And yes, we offer free estimates so you’ll know that we can deliver the results that you want for your project. We are one of your best choices for a general contractor in Los Angeles, CA.
When remodeling rooms in a house, the bathroom is often the last to get the sparkling treatment of a facelift. Yet it’s amazing how much a beautified bathroom can do for a home. Here are a few things we think you should know about bathroom remodeling before you get started. This knowledge will help you receive the remodeling you deserve.
When you originally purchased your home in, you took into consideration the amount of space needed for you, your family, your belongings, and your work and leisure-time activities. But time brings change, and at some point you might consider adding a new room onto your home that fits the expansions in your life.