Your planned renovations are too big to do on your own, so you know you’ll have to look around for contractors who really know their stuff. But it’s not enough for someone to tell you they can do the work for a low price. You want to make sure you find the right contractors—a quality licensed team to ensure the work goes smoothly. Below, learn why you should always do your research rather than choosing someone who offers the lowest price. (more…)
Archive for the ‘Home Improvement’ Category
Maybe you’ve recently remodeled a room, or maybe you’ve got a room that you’ve never found the time to put into decorating. But just a few small changes can make a huge difference in the look and feel of a room. Check out our tips on how some simple touches can add character to a space, and call our team for more expert remodeling advice. (more…)
Whether you’re remodeling your kitchen or doing a second story addition, home improvements can increase the value of your property and help make your house a home. One of our favorite projects was for a family in Los Angeles who wanted to build onto their 800 square foot home. With four kids at home, they needed addition bedrooms and an updated kitchen for their family to grow into. By adding an additional 2,200 square feet of living space, this family expanded their home to include a luxurious master suite with a private bathroom and jacuzzi tub, 3 bedrooms on the second floor, and fully renovated the original kitchen, bathroom and exterior of the house. Click here to find out more about this project and view our complete gallery of before and after photos.
Our team offers design, architectural planning and building services to help make your remodeling dreams a reality. We can help you plan for all stages of the project from design and construction plans to applying for permits and more. With over 25 years in the industry, our remodeling contractors will ensure that your home improvements are done safely, correctly, and beautifully so you can leave the work to the professionals and enjoy your home’s new features. Not sure where to start? Give us a call at 888-930-1030 or schedule an estimate online today!
Renovating or building a house can be a challenging yet exciting process, but if you don’t hire the right contractor to do the work on your home, renovating your home can quickly become a nightmare. As such, it is very worth your while to take the time to consider some of the following factors when choosing a general contractor to work on your Los Angeles home.
- Proper licensing – one of the first and foremost items to check when considering hiring any kind of tradesperson to work on your home is whether or not the company or person is properly licensed by the state. Using an unlicensed contractor can put both you and your home at considerable risk.
- Is insured and bonded – when someone works anywhere on your home and isn’t insured and bonded, you will carry the liability for any injuries to his/her person and any damaged caused. It is not worthwhile for any homeowner to take this kind of risk.
- Past work experience – having a portfolio, a list of recent projects and references for past work is very important when hiring a contractor. This allows you to see the kind of work the contractor has done the scope of work he/she is capable of.
- Any specialties – many contractors specialize in certain kinds of construction, whether it be historical restoration, certain kinds of architecture such as post and beam, or a certain look or style.
- Do they handle the kind of work you need? – if you have a good idea of the kind of work you want done with your home, it is very important to make sure that any contractors you are considering actually do the work you need.
- Professional certifications – many contractors have certifications, such as being a certified remodeler; if you don’t see any certifications highlighted on marketing material, don’t be afraid to ask.
- Professional affiliations – it is always an endorsement for the contractor if the company is affiliated with professional entities like the Better Business Bureau and the Building Industry Association.
The professionals at Advanced Builders & Contractors bring over 20 years of construction work to every job, so if you are considering renovation or construction to your home in Los Angeles, call us today!
When you are looking to hire a general contractor in Los Angeles, CA, you’ll find yourself faced with many choices. Probably too many: the number of contractors available for your remodel, room addition, or new construction can appear overwhelming.
However, you can narrow the field with a short checklist of the qualities that great contractors share. In this post we’ll provide you with a list of criteria you should apply to any potential contractor before hiring one. We think that you’ll find Advanced Builders & Contractors will shoot right to the top of your list, and you’ll call us to take care of your project with professionalism and skill.
Look for these qualities in a contractor:
- Years in the business – You don’t want to have inexperienced builders and designers working on your room addition, kitchen remodeling, roofing, or other important construction job. Look for a contractor with more than a decade of work in the industry. This not only shows you a more experienced company, but one that has earned the trust of clients.
- Architects and builders in one company – It’s common today that building contractors only handle the construction of a project, while a separate company does the architectural design. But this can lead to miscommunication, misunderstandings, and delays. Eliminate the need to deal with two separate companies that may end up working at loggerheads and hire a contractor who has both architects and builders in-house.
- Professional certification – Anybody can offer to do your remodeling or new construction, but to be a professional building contractor in California, you must be have a Professional Remodeler certification through the Contractors State License Board, which licenses and regulates the construction industry in the state. You can go online with the CSLB to check on a specific contractor’s license.
- Offers free estimates – A contractor with confidence will provide a free consultation to come up with a rough estimate for how much the construction will cost. This way you can decide if the company fits your needs and if your project can be done within your set budget.
Why you should hire Advanced Builders & Contractors
At Advanced Builders & Contractors, we have a system called design/build that brings together architect and builder so they work together from the beginning of your project, making for speedier work that remains within your budget. We use only the most experienced designers and builders, and have been in the business for 26 years. We are a Professional Certified Remodeler with the CSLB. And yes, we offer free estimates so you’ll know that we can deliver the results that you want for your project. We are one of your best choices for a general contractor in Los Angeles, CA.
When remodeling rooms in a house, the bathroom is often the last to get the sparkling treatment of a facelift. Yet it’s amazing how much a beautified bathroom can do for a home. Here are a few things we think you should know about bathroom remodeling before you get started. This knowledge will help you receive the remodeling you deserve. (more…)
This beautiful remodel was a large scale residential project completed by Advanced Builders & Contractors. The project included a new retaining wall, deck, and a room addition. As you will see in the video, the final product is a perfect example of the design, engineering and craftsmanship expertise that Advanced Builders & Contractors offers. The client testimonial in the middle of the video is a confirmation of the work ethic that goes into each of our projects both big and small. We are here to listen to our clients needs in order to produce above and beyond satisfactory results. Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in your residential project. (more…)
When you originally purchased your home in, you took into consideration the amount of space needed for you, your family, your belongings, and your work and leisure-time activities. But time brings change, and at some point you might consider adding a new room onto your home that fits the expansions in your life. (more…)
Do you notice chilly, drafty spots near your windows during the cooler times of the year? Do you run and run your air conditioning system, watching temperatures in your home – as well as energy costs – sore despite the best efforts of your AC? Have you discovered that your windows simply do not shut evenly or open all the way? Whatever issues you may have with the windows in your home or office, you must realize just how serious an issue this is. That is why you must schedule your window installation and replacement in Los Angeles with a skilled professional. Call the experts at Advanced Builders & Contractors today to learn more.
Choosing Windows for Installation in Your Home
If you still think of windows as a simple glass barrier protecting your home or office from the elements outside, your thinking on the subject is a bit outdated. There have been a lot of advances in the industry, and there are a number of ways in which the windows you choose for installation can impact the comfort and efficiency levels in your home. Whether or not this is a positive or negative impact depends largely upon the quality of the window installation.
By working with a professional window installation contractor, you can determine which type of window is best for your needs. It is wise to invest in ENERGYSTAR rated windows, which are much more efficient than other models. Double pane windows, which trap a layer of gas or air between two panes of glass, are another way to get the most from your windows. Call today to learn more.
Is it Time for Window Replacement in Los Angeles, CA?
If you have any reason to suspect that your windows are leaking energy out of your home or contributing to comfort problems, call ABC right away. Only a professional window contractor can be sure if your windows are to blame, and if window replacement in Los Angeles is the way to go. If a window replacement is your best option, our professional contractors will ensure that your replacement windows are the right size for their frames and that they are properly installed. Contact us with any questions you may have regarding your Los Angeles window replacement needs.
If you are seeking a general contractor in Los Angeles, CA for your renovations, home improvements, home remodeling, or other construction service, you’ll only want the best working for you. These are large tasks that will affect your life for many years to come, so choosing a general contractor who has both the skill and the integrity to get the job done right the first time is crucial. (more…)